AERONAUTICAL SOCIETY OF INDIA(AESI)
DEPARTMENT OF AERONAUTICAL ENGINEERING
- Name of the Professional Body: Aeronautical Society of India(AeSI)
- Inaugurated by : Chief Guest Shri V BALAKRISHNAN , Vice Chairman, AeSI, CEO, MTAL & Former Executive Director, HAL
ABOUT AeSIAeSI is founded on December 27, 1948
Aims and Scope of the Journal of Aerospace Sciences and Technologies are intended to reflect the objective of the Aeronautical Society of India. The objective of the Society is to promote the advancement and dissemination of the knowledge of aeronautical sciences and aircraft engineering as well as elevation of the aeronautical profession.
Over the years, the Society has grown into a major professional body in the field of aeronautics, aviation & aerospace. The Society has 16 branches at all the important centers of aviation in the counter viz. Agra, Bangalore, Kolkata, Chandigarh, Chennai, Goa, Hyderabad, Kanpur, Kochi, Mumbai, Nasik, Nagpur, Pune, New Delhi, Sunabeda & Trivuvananthapuram. Society also has Journal Division and CFD Division at Bangalore.
Its membership of more than 9,000/- is drawn from all major Aeronautical establishments such as Hindustan Aeronautics Ltd. D.G.C.A., Defence Research and Development Establishments, Academic Institutions, Aeronautical Development Agency, Indian Air Force, Indian Space Research Oganization, Vikram Sarabhai Space Centre, National Airports Autority of India, Air India, Indian Airlines, Jetways, Pawan Hans, Aero Industry in Private Sector. Private Airlines, Defence Res. & Dev. Laboratory, Army Aviation Corps. The Society also drives its strength from financial support and active participation of its Corporate Members. The society has 53 Corporate Members from both National and International Sectors.
ACTIVITIES OF THE SOCIETY
- Fraternisation amongst professionals.
- Enrols individuals, Institutions & Industries are members.
- Conducts examinations in aeronautical engineering equivalent to a degree from an Indian University.
- Publishes a Quarterly International Journal & monthly E-news.
- Encourages Indian authors to write books on aeronautical/aerospace subjects.
- Encourages young professionals to participate in International Conferences.
- Confers Awards of Excellance.
- Conducts Annual Essay Competitions for Students/Scientists/Engineers.
- Provides a platform for Industry - R&D - Academic interaction.
- Participates with the Government in the formulation of policies, procedures and guidelines.
Objectives of AeSI – Aero Club Student Chapter
About 120 students registered their names for student member in Aeronautical Society of India(AeSI).
The objectives of the AeSI – Aero Club student chapter are as follows:
- To interact with the Engineers and Scientists from the Premier Institutes, R&D establishments and Industries who are Members and Fellow Members of the Aeronautical Society of India(AeSI).
- In the department level, to arrange invited expert lectures, seminars, workshops and FDP programs.
- To arrange industrial visits with the support of AeSI.
- To encourage the students to participate in the technical events conducted at AeSI campus and other organizations conducted in association with AeSI..