To provide a vibrant learning environment in computer science and engineering with focus on industry needs and research, for the students to be successful global professionals contributing to the society.
- To adopt a contemporary teaching learning process with emphasis on hands on and collaborative learning.
- To facilitate skill development through additional training and encourage student forums for enhanced learning.
- To collaborate with industry partners and professional societies and make the students industry ready.
- To encourage innovation through multidisciplinary research and development activities.
- To inculcate human values and ethics in students and groom them to be responsible citizens.
The department Vision - Mission statements are formulated in accordance with the goals and objectives of the department keeping Institutional goals and objectives under consideration.
Program Specific Outcomes
- PSO 1: Graduates will be proficient with analytical and logical skills for the design, development, testing and maintenance of software.
- PSO 2: Graduates will be able to apply engineering knowledge to solve complex problems in the field of embedded computer systems.
- PSO 3: Graduates will be skilled in facilitating quality system analysis and design for the development of highly efficient computer networks.
Program Education Objectives
- PEO 1: Graduates will possess strong foundation in Basic and Engineering Sciences that are required for problem solving to excel and succeed in their profession.
- PEO 2: Graduates will have excellent scientific and engineering breadth so as to comprehend, analyse, design and solve real life problems using the acquired skills and lifelong learning.
- PEO 3: Graduates will have exposure to emerging cutting edge technologies and adequate training with opportunity to work on multidisciplinary projects.
- PEO 4: Graduates will be professional with ethical attitude, effective communication skills, teamwork capability, and relate engineering issues to broader social context.
- PEO 5: Graduates can establish as strong and sustainable leaders required for a successful professional career.
From the HOD's Desk:
The Department of Computer Science is positioned to create the technological leaders of tomorrow. Our goal is to ensure that our engineering graduates are well prepared to play the roles of problem solvers, project leaders, entrepreneurs, and above all ethical citizens of a global society. Our objective is to empower our students with latest technical knowledge and skills to meet global challenges. We provide them with the best teaching faculty, state-of-the-art technologies, excellent research and development environment and internships. Our aim is to provide professional grooming and guidance so that our students mould into thorough professionals and inspiring individuals when they enter into the real-time environment.
Dr. Ramesh Babu D. R.
Professor & Head of the Department.