Imparting Appropriate, Latest, Sustainable, Value Based Automobile Engineering Education through Research and Innovation beneficial to the Society at large.
- To impart Scientific Knowledge and Engineering Skills in the area of Automobile Engineering.
- To inculcate a passion for Automobile Engineering amongst students by providing hands on training of service and repair in Automotives using latest Diagnostic Tools and Equipments enhancing Employability.
- To Encourage Interdisciplinary Learning for efficient design of Automotive components by conducting competitive technical activities.
- To promote Social and Environmental responsibility by Research and Innovation through collaborations.
Program Specific Outcomes
- PSO 1: The students will be able to apply the engineering fundamentals in using application software to design and Analyse Automotive Engine components, Vehicle chassis, Suspension and Drive train.
- PSO 2: The students will be able to work in interdisciplinary environment to design systems in line with the present emission norms, Safety standards and emerging fields like alternate fuels, fuel cells, electric and hybrid vehicles.
Program Education Objectives
- PEO 1: An ability to apply knowledge of mathematics, science, and engineering to identify, formulate and solve problems in technologically challenging Automotive field which has evolved highly interdisciplinary with.
- PEO 2: An experience of working on live projects in design, modeling and analysis of Automotive systems and its components using Engineering application software and to service the recent models of Automobiles using the latest Diagnostic tools.
- PEO 3: An Awareness on contemporary areas of socio-technological issues like energy crisis, automotive safety, pollution, hybrid automobiles, formal practices of human resources and industrial relations in order to achieve professional development.
- PEO 4: Proficiency in spoken English to actively participate in team meetings to plan, organize, propose ideas in a multicultural environment and also be able to communicate effectively through proficient writing skills.
- PEO 5: Sound knowledge and will be able to upgrade, refine through professional experience, higher studies or research.
From the HOD's Desk:
On behalf of our staff members, I welcome you for a stimulating learning journey. The department of Automobile Engineering was started in the year 2009 affiliated to VTU and is now autonomous with an intake of 60 per year and has made significant achievements during this journey. Department has a team of highly qualified and experienced faculty members in diversified streams and have published papers in reputed national and international journals.
- Bachelor of Engineering (B.E.) in Automobile Engineering.